Fertility Counsellor - Glasgow Royal Infirmary
April 3, 2017
The Assisted Conception Unit at Glasgow Royal Infirmary is seeking to appoint a Fertility Counsellor to support those patients seeking fertility treatment.
The Fertility Counsellor will offer counselling sessions to clarify the needs of patients arising from fertility problems, and will aim to support and encourage adjustment to their situation.
Essential qualifications/experience required:
- A recognised counselling, clinical psychology or psychotherapy qualification to the level of diploma of higher education or above
- Accreditation with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (or equivalent recognised body)
- Accreditation with the British Infertility Counselling Association or commitment to work towards such specialist accreditation.
- Experience of counselling individuals
- Experience of counselling couples
This is a permanent post, 18.75hours/week and will include one evening session per week.
Informal enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications via NHS Scotland recruitment only.