An essential course for counsellors working in HFEA Licensed Centres who are new to the field, or working towards BICA accreditation, as well as counsellors who see clients with infertility issues in other relevant settings.
Kindly sponsored by Merck Serono
Venue: Chancellor’s, Chancellor’s Way, Mosely Rd, Manchester M14 6ZT
- To develop specialist knowledge and skills
- To provide an overview of the context and range of issues surrounding work with clients who are experiencing fertility issues
- To increase understanding of the impact of reproductive techniques
- To facilitate participants in attaining accreditation in compliance with the HFEA Code of Practice.
The two days include:-
- The inspection process
- Welfare of the child
- Gender differences
- The infertility journey
- Key regulatory principles for licensed centres
- Counselling in an HFEA Licensed Clinic
- The legislative and regularity framework
- Working in a multidisciplinary team
- The experience of loss and grief
- Implications of treatment
- Counsellors need for support
- Providing, promoting & evaluating the counselling service
Terms and conditions
If BICA is required to cancel a course, 100% of the course fee will be refunded.
If a participant cancels a booking the following will apply:
100% refund if cancelled 33 – 45 days before the course but a 5% administration fee will apply
50% refund if cancelled 17 - 32 days before the course
0% refund if cancelled 0 -16 days before the course.
This policy reflects the fees that BICA would incur should a course be cancelled due to participants cancelling their booking.