BICA Foundation Course for Counsellors working in Licensed Treatment Centres or Related Settings
An essential course for counsellors working in HFEA Licensed Centres who are new to the field, or working towards BICA accreditation, as well as counsellors who see clients with infertility issues in other relevant settings.
Date: Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd February 2019
Venue: Resource for London, 356 Holloway Road, London, N7 6PA.
1. To provide an overview of the context and range of issues surrounding work with clients who are experiencing fertility issues
2. To increase understanding of the impact of reproductive techniques
3. To develop specialist knowledge and skills
4. To facilitate participants in attaining accreditation in compliance with the HFEA Code of Practice.
The two days include:-
• Counselling in an HFEA Licensed Clinic
• The legislative and regularity framework
• Key regulatory principles for licensed centres
• Working in a multidisciplinary team
• The infertility journey
• The experience of loss and grief
• Gender differences
• Implications of treatment with third party donation
• Welfare of the child
• Counsellors’ need for support
• The inspection process
• Providing, promoting & evaluating the counselling service
Fees: BICA members £180.00 Non-members £200.00
For further information please contact Suzanne Dark by email, email@example.com or mobile 07941639015
Terms and conditions
If BICA is required to cancel a course, 100% of the course fee will be refunded.
If a participant cancels a booking the following will apply:
100% refund if cancelled 33 – 45 days before the course but a 5% administration fee will apply
50% refund if cancelled 17 - 32 days before the course
0% refund if cancelled 0 -16 days before the course.
This policy reflects the fees that BICA would incur should a course be cancelled due to participants cancelling their booking.